DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Sunday 18 December 2016

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I'm like a fine wine




Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes that, like fine wine, he is getting better with age and he claims he can play until he reaches 50!
The Reds' leading scorer took his goal tally for the season to 16 with both strikes in the 2-0 win at West Brom on Saturday.
Although 35, he shows no sign of losing his influence on games. He has adapted superbly to the Premier League since moving from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer on a free transfer and has been virtually a permanent member of Jose Mourinho's side.
Ibrahimovic told reporters after Saturday's game: "I'm settling in, I feel happy, I feel good. Even if I am 35, in my mind I am 20. I think I can play also at 50! But the older I get, the better - like the wine. You like wine? It's the perfect example."
The Swede has scored goals throughout his career but has emerged as a real hero for the United supporters with his play in attack.
"The only thing that surprised me [here] is the game is end to end," he said. "It's not controlled by one team but is back and front, back and front. The rhythm is high, which I knew, and I was prepared but, for this game, I have to prepare the body for it. I've played in different championships in different countries and you have to adapt the body for that, the way it is played."
Zlatan was clearly pleased to secure the win at The Hawthorns with the Baggies in good form and only one place behind the Reds at the start of play.
"Yeah, it was a good game," he said. "We took the three points but it was a difficult game. It was very physical but, at the end, we won and we're happy with it. Every game is hard, not only here, but we were prepared for it. We know it and we are working hard but we got the three points so it was good."
Ibra romped @ManUtd's Man-of-the-Match poll on Twitter, earning 87 per cent of the votes to finish well ahead of fellow nominees Jesse Lingard and Phil Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment