DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Kit Talk: Ander Herrera




Kicking off our 'Kit Talk' interview series is Ander Herrera, who reveals a secret about his shinpads and why his Manchester United team-mates make fun of them in the dressing room...
Why do you wear things in a certain way, such as long sleeves or your shirt tucked in?I like to play just with the shirt but, sometimes, when it’s too cold, I put a base layer on – the long-sleeved shirt underneath. I don’t like to put anything on the parts around the pants or socks. I don’t like to put too much on. I like to play free with not too many clothes.
Do you have specific boots made for you?
No, I am not so strange with my boots. The only thing is I cannot play with boots I just wore for the first time. I need to wear them in for at least one week before I play in them.
Do you even wear them around the house at first to get used to them?
No, in training. I need to train three, four or five times in them before playing. I would never go into a game in brand new ones as I’d never play well.
So you don’t have any specific designs or personalisation?I just put 'Ander' on my boots. I don’t like to put too much on. I am a bit 'classical'.
Are your shinpads simple, classic ones as well?
I have a good story with my shinpads. I have had the same shinpads since I was eight or nine years old. Everyone laughs in the dressing room because of them but I am superstitious with that. I like to keep playing with them until they are completely battered.
Do you have any other superstitions?No, not too many. No, just the shinpads.
Is there a story behind the number you wear?
I used to like no.8 but, when I went to Athletic Club, no.8 was for another player. So I had to decide between 23 or 21. I decided on 21 and had a very good time in Bilbao so I kept the same number here in United. And, so far so good, I will keep it.
Do you have a favourite United shirt from years gone by?Of course, everyone remembers the Treble kit. It was fantastic with the collar, like a polo, and I like it very much.
Do you swap shirts with opposing players?
I used to like to change my shirt with players I have played with so that is the only thing I do.
Do you plan to do anything with them in the future, perhaps after you’ve retired?
I am saving them in a big bag so I like to sometimes get them out and see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment