DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Thursday 29 December 2016

School Days: Luke Shaw




Manchester United defender Luke Shaw answers questions about his education in our 'School Days' interview...
What was your favourite subject and why?That’s an easy one – P.E. of course! It was something I loved doing and I was good at it! I also loved geography. I don’t know why but it was always a lesson I looked forward to.
Is there any one teacher you remember for good or bad reasons?There are so many teachers I can remember for both reasons! I can’t name one, but they know who they are, especially the good ones who were with me the whole way through secondary school and primary school too.
How was your school footballing career? I was always involved and I loved playing football for my school. It was really important for me. We had lots of good players and, although there aren’t any who play professionally now, a lot of them still play Sunday League and have good ability. I always loved representing my school – sometimes I’d pick up an injury for my club but if we had a game for school that week I’d still always try to play.
Did you take part in other sports?I played rugby and also cricket because all my close mates were in the cricket team so I joined in with them. It was a good laugh and I was surprisingly alright at it!
What advice would you give to anyone who is at currently at school and dreaming of becoming a professional footballer?For me, it was important to work hard and also do your school work well even if you have the ambition of becoming a footballer. You need to make sure you do your school work because you might not make it in football or you might pick up a bad injury one day and you need to be able to fall back on something else you’ve learned at school. You also need to listen to your coaches and most importantly of all, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment