DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Monday 19 December 2016

Mata targets more wins over Christmas




Each and every Monday, Manchester United forward Juan Mata writes a personal blog to provide an insight into his life, both on and off the pitch. In this 19 December entry, he reflects on the Reds' win over West Bromwich Albion and looks forward to Christmas...

Hi everyone,
It’s the end of a cold and quiet Sunday in Manchester. The pre-Christmas atmosphere is everywhere here, same as in many other places around the world. 
Our win against WBA on Saturday, the fourth victory in a row, gives us plenty of optimism and good feelings with a view to the last two weeks of the year. We are reinforcing something that I’ve been claiming since the start of the season: that the team has got potential and good football, and I’m sure we will keep showing that in 2017.
Before the end of the year we have two more games at Old Trafford where we will try to continue with the positive results. In the last two away fixtures we had tough games against Crystal Palace and West Brom, and we didn’t have much time to rest in between, but we were able to win both of them with a mix of talent, effort, and being united. That should be our mentality when we play against Sunderland and Middlesbrough, as we try to get closer to the teams ahead of us in the table before the end of the year.
I hope you enjoy the week. It’s one of the most special weeks of the year to me, regardless of everyone’s beliefs. These dates always remind me of my childhood and put a smile on my face; besides, they allow me to see my family because, luckily, they always come over here at these special time. These few weeks bring me great memories that are kept alive year after year.

Happy festive season to everyone! Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Juan

Juan's full blog is available to read on his official website, juanmata8.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment