DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Friday 23 December 2016

Jose addresses Schneiderlin transfer talk




Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has admitted he will not stand in Morgan Schneiderlin's way if a suitable transfer offer is submitted, because he feels a duty to be fair to the player.
West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Pulis confirmed earlier on Friday that he has made a bid for the France international and other clubs are believed to be interested. Mourinho, when praising Schneiderlin's honesty in their previous discussions together, has admitted he will find it hard to block a move for the 27-year-old.
In a press conference at the Aon Training Complex, the boss was asked if Schneiderlin has asked to leave United. "Yes," he said. "He’s a great professional, a fantastic boy. He's very honest and very open.
"To be honest, he opened his heart a couple of times, and my answer is simple; if he’s playing regularly with me, I have the right to say ‘no way’. If he’s not playing regularly, I have no right to tell a player who wants to be happy, I have no right to say ‘you are going nowhere’.
"My answer was: if the offer is right, and our board thinks the offer is a good offer in relation to the quality of a very good player like Morgan, then I would not stop him going."

No comments:

Post a Comment