DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Sunday 17 December 2017

Mourinho reacts to win over West Brom




Jose Mourinho felt Manchester United ran out deserved winners in Sunday’s 2-1 victory over West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns.
The Reds secured a third successive away win in the Premier League thanks to first-half goals from Romelu Lukaku and Jesse Lingard, before Gareth Barry pulled one back in the second half for the Baggies.
Read the key points from the boss in his post-match interviews with MUTV and Sky Sports
A DESERVED VICTORY
“I think we deserved the win. We were the best team. I knew and the players knew that West Brom are very dangerous on set-pieces. We controlled the game for a long, long time, then manager Alan Pardew reacts. We had a few chances to kill the game but I knew they would react.”
HAPPY WITH THE PERFORMANCE
“We played very well and not even the last minutes made me feel that we didn’t play well because that can happen. You play against a team that is very strong on set-pieces, a team that is playing at home, a team that was bad but a goal brought them to the game and brought the emotion of the game and the motivation of the fans too. So that reaction is normal but I’m happy with the global performance and the individual effort of the players.”
A MASSIVE THREE POINTS
“I think the good quality of the team was to keep control of the game for the majority of the game. We knew they [West Brom] could score out of nothing. We knew the advantage of them in terms of height and strength in set-pieces, having a few [players] who are not small guys. We knew that could happen but a good thing was after that we were calm and we played. You could even see a kid like Scott [McTominay] coming into the game and being intelligent and making the right decisions to keep possession of the ball, so a massive three points for us.”
UNITED IN CONTROL
“I think less ambition after the break. The intensity in the first half maybe we didn't have in the second half. West Brom are really powerful in the air. But after their goal we controlled the game again. We brought the ball into the opposition half.”
PLEASED WITH RED ROM
“Again, even without the goal, the performance is positive and again every minute in the Premier League for a striker – he’s not a goalkeeper, he’s not a defensive player. For a striker to play every minute in the Premier League is fantastic.”
LUKAKU’S LACK OF CELEBRATION
“I didn't celebrate too. Nobody was happier than me. Fifteen years ago I look at myself celebrating goals. With maturity you go into levels that you control your emotions better. Romelu was a happy kid at West Brom (on loan during the 2012/13 season) – maybe at the back of the mind it was his love for the club.”

No comments:

Post a Comment