DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Sunday 31 December 2017

Lam-Adesina: I Go Home Every Weekend; I’ve Spent Over N100m‎ On Poverty Alleviation


The lawmaker representing Ibadan North East / South East federal ‎constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Adedapo Lam-Adesina has said that a week or two cannot go without him visiting his constituents.
This is just as the 39-year old former commissioner said that he has spent over N100m on poverty alleviation programme in just two years in office.
According to him, this is apart from the physical infrastructure and financial assistance he has rendered to his people.
In a recent interview, the son of late ex-governor Lam-Adesina added: “We also did the stomach infrastructure, i.e empowerment for our people. During campaigns we visited various trade unions and organisations and did promised that we were going to support them, so we have been able to do that and as I speak to you, we have spent about N100m to provide poverty alleviation materials. We have also started what we call ‘Omo oloore’ food bank.
“I visit my constituency every weekend and I usually don’t to to my house but stay at my father’s house in Felele to attend to constituents and go around the constituency.”
‎Reacting to report that the 8th Assembly members have no money to share while some lawmakers are saying they don’t wish to be re-elected,
Lam-Adesina explained that he was not disappointed that members of the 8th Assembly ‎have no money to share unlike before.
Hear him: “I am not disappointed, and I don’t mind to return, as long as it is about service to the people. Let me say this, 90 per cent of everything I get here, I spend it in my constituency, I make bold to say it anywhere, you can find out. So for me, it is not about coming here to look for money, it is about coming here to fight for the right of my people, it’s about coming here to ensure that I get things to take back home to them.
“I am always very happy when I organise a programme or commission a project in my constituency, when it is over a month and it’s getting to two months and I didn’t do anything in my constituency, it looks like I have failed, so almost every month, there is one thing or the other to commission. Recently, we had the free health mission whereby about 2000 constituents benefited, it wasn’t the regular free health mission that we hear about, here lots of drugs and dispensed freely, it wasn’t about coming with the APC card, it was for everybody.
“The only thing we did was to ensure the beneficiaries come with their voters card, because a lot of us complain about people not doing the right thing in government and that our leaders are disappointing us, yet we don’t get involved in who becomes what.
“So we must challenge our people to ensure that they get their voters card and make sure that they vote for the right people, that is the only way we can change this system, a surgery was even conducted for one young boy and it was done successfully, so I will say I am not here to make money, I am just here to make a name, just like I did when I was commissioner it wasn’t about money, and I am rest assured that when you do very well for the people, they will push you ahead.
“I believe that because I did well as commissioner that was why people voted for me, after all I contested for this same position and lost, people were surprised because my father was a former governor and he was alive at that time.
“But that is not the way it is, people didn’t believe in me, and they voted against me, but when I had the opportunity and I did very well, people believed in me but funny enough, my father was no more at the time I won.
“So I think people should be encouraged with my story and understand that we can vote out politicians who are not doing very well and we can also vote in people who have done very well for us. It is an encouragement for me to know that when you do very well, you won’t have to run after money, the money will come,” he revealed.
On ho‎w much development he has attracted to his constituency, he disclosed that “You will notice that BudgiT, a civic society accountability organisation, in its last report, analysed Ibadan South-east / North-east federal constituency and confirmed that the three projects under the name of Ibadan South-east/North-east federal constituency were completed 100 percent.
“As at June when we clocked two years in office, I had done 21 water projects, and I am sure that no House of Representatives members has done 21 water projects in two years, even in four years, in that federal constituency,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment