DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Friday 8 December 2017

George pulls out of PDP chairmanship race


George pulls out of PDP chairmanship race

A former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)  on Friday withdrew from the chairmanship race ahead of tomorrow's convention. 

George told newsmen in Abuja, that he was not stepping down for any aspirant but because of the wrongs in ‎the party. 

He said, "‎It appears that PDP is now based on self destruction; the party has lost its soul. I cannot be part of this criminal abberation. There is no morality or sanity.‎"

When asked whether he was stepping down for any of the aspirants, George said, "I here by withdraw from this  chairmanship race. I, Olabode George won't step down for anybody. I am stepping down because of the wrongs in the party."

He added, "I am withdrawing purely on principle."


‎He explained that the Yorubas had been humiliated by the PDP and asked Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State to apologise to the south-west for "reigning insult" on the Yorubas.

He explained that if the PDP "corrects the evils and make the necessary amendments, he would remain in the party but declined to speak expressly on the next move if the party does not correct "the wrongs.‎"

No comments:

Post a Comment