DKINGJAY POST

LONG READ: The Sanusi speech that scolded Buhari’s government

0 in Share First of all, I want to break from tradition. Usually I speak in Hausa in Kano. But, I don’t know how I am go...

Saturday 25 February 2017

Jose gives insight into selection plans




Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has provided some insight into his selection plans for Sunday's EFL Cup final against Southampton.
The boss has stressed fit-again Wayne Rooney is an option to replace Henrikh Mkhitaryan but much could depend on which system he employs against the Saints, who have yet to concede a goal in the competition.

"I have to make a decision," declared Mourinho. "You know that we normally play two different systems, if you want. Sometimes, we play with two midfield players and a no.10, if you want to call it. Sometimes, we play with a no.6 and two midfield players in front.
"Without Mkhitaryan, if we want to play with a no.10, obviously Wayne is this position. It's where he was playing with us in many matches, so he is an option for me. A final is a special match and he's an option for me."
When asked whether sentiment would play any part in his team selection, the boss made it clear what his policy will be when it comes to naming his XI.
"The best 11 players," he stated. "We win all together. It doesn't matter if you play, didn't play, if you play much or don't play much. I go for the best possible team."
Check out our EFL Cup final microsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment